Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

How to Keep motivation Day in and Day out

In this motivation forum you can get inspired and motivated to lift up your mood and place a smile on your face;) Self improvement and motivation

Moderator : viktorados

Re: How to Keep motivation Day in and Day out

Post by trongnhan on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 pm

DanfromSeoul wrote:Hey Protoj90,

It's interesting how you mention growing up in a normal (i.e.: comfy) upbringing, which makes staying motivated harder than for someone who comes from a tougher situation.

I had the same situation until my father lost his job and I lost my comfort net...then I started hitting my success goals faster!

It makes us realize that the:
"The enemy of great is not bad.
The enemy of great is good."

And that the worst thing that can happen to us is to get comfortable (which is what is happening to me currently lol but I'm okay with it.)

Based on that, I recommend finding ways to make yourself feel uncomfortable again.

Make yourself feel uncomfortable with your life situation, just enough for you to want to change!

For me, whenever I feel like I have a decent income and a decent lifestyle with decent circumstances, I go out and find pictures or people (or anything) that makes me jealous and envious.

This makes me want to genuinely improve!

So a question you can ask yourself: Who am I envious of and what do I want? Or even, who do I want?

Wanting to attract a person of the opposite s** is a great motivation tool as well, imho.

Dan

PS: Always stay hungry!

Thanks for your "lesson" which is very useful for me having the same situation as protoj90( if you were born in 1990, we have the second similarities :) ). Everybody around we keep telling with me that having a rich father is easier to succeed. However, it's not always the case. When I was young, I didn't know why my parent kept pushing me to study, to try harder, to feel uncomfortable. However, how can they make their little boy having more than enough to feel uncomfortable. As a result, my childhood passed by with average marks but it changed when I enter to high school. In my high school( for gifted), my friends insulted me. They called me as 'idiot' or 'prodigal'. I thanked them for that. Being underestimated as well as insulted, I tried hard to prove with them that I am better than what they thought and even than them. As a result, I succeed and entered to a prestigious university that I could only dreamed of when I were a boy.
I tell my story to say that I totally agree with DanfromSeoul that who are in our situation need some "inferiority feeling" or even " being insulted" to be motivated and the ways to have them DanfromSeoul have said them all.Great advice. Thanks again DanfromSeoul .
Sorry for my bad English. :(
trongnhan

Post by lucreane on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm rather new to this forum and sources provided here, for which I'm really grateful, but these are the things which I picked up and can remember regarding this problem. I also do understand the whole dilemma since it's bothered me and I'm at the same age as you.

We lose track of our dreams and goals which makes us forget them and fall back into our habits. To avoid this, regarding to Anthony Robbins, Jim Rohn and Napoleon Hill you should repeat them as a kind of affirmation every morning:
- be very clear and specific (deadlines) about your goals which are really your highest priority right now (it can change quickly - reviewing might help)
- bring your goals to your attention by reading your mission statement, goal list, goal mind-map and
- think what you achieved so far
- visualize what would happen if you don't and do achieve them
- you can also use the triggering technique to bring up all emotions for motivation e.g. by one movement
- ask yourself questions that empower you: who am I helping with this? etc.
- repeat it daily
- improve your visions by getting more specific, imagining more details and improve your motivation techniques by thinking of new ways to motivate you on the leverage principle (attracting a woman is one of the highest)
- your day must be planned at least before you start it, but week, month goals have also great power

I hope it can help you and be a starting point.

Best regards,
Lucreane
lucreane

Post by choukism on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:56 am

Please use THANKS button, if you'd like to thank the poster!
choukism

Post by Ram1959 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Until you change your core being to the desired level you have to continue your efforts with motivations.
Ram1959
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Previous

Return to Motivation and INSPIRATION