Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I only came across this site yesterday and am 'enchanted'!!"
MKorka, 21 Nov 2007 More testimonials can be found here

How to have lots of energy on a daily basis?

Asking yourself right questions can often speed up your way towards the life of your dreams

Moderator : developing_success

Re: How to have lots of energy on a daily basis?

Post by smilodon on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:41 am

As many have stated, workout, any kind, is extremely important.

Also, I agree with fake it until you make it. Do anything that uplifts you even a tiny bit.

The second thing is, set small daily goals for yourself, and when you accomplish them, congratulate your self, feel that today you have done something to get you closer to your goal, whatever it might be. This will get you feeling good on a daily basis, it helped me a LOT.

I see you are capable of this, because you cut on junk food, and consistently go running (you might want to try to add one more "physical" day, two of them seem too few for me, but you can feel if it is enough).

Keep a diary, and when you look back to your old mindset, you will realize how much you have developed.
I do this irregularly, but when I catch a glimpse of my mindset just from 2 - 3 months ago (doing something, and then remembering how hard it was), I am amazed at how much I changed, for the better.
By keeping a diary, you will be able to look back, and realize how far you have come, especially when you are stuck in a bad mind frame.

Hope any of this helps.

Cheers, Igor.
"I have not failed, i've only found 265 ways that don't work."

"When I put my finger into your eye, you will have a finger in an eye and I will have a finger in an eye but it won't be the same."
smilodon
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by wonder boy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:08 am

WHAT YOU NEED TO BE ENERGETIC ?
- fuel from foods and water which is stored in your body cells, muscles and liver, before being converted to energy .

- A dequate rest and sleep.

- Healthy environment.

- Sufficient exercise and activity .

- Variety and challenge in your work and play.

- Supportive people around you

- add to the list any thing else that you think you need

WHAT DRAINS YOUR ENERGY ?
- time of the day – are there times in the day when your mind doesn”t seem so clear and you are not working as productively eg. early afternoon ?

- food and drink – do certain foods make you feel sleepy, eg. roast Sunday lunch or glass or t two of wine ?

- activity and exercise - do you feel less and less energetic the less you do ?

- sleep- after a poor night’s sleep do you find hard to get going and harder to complete jobs during the day ?

- during the illness- do you sleep more and have less energy whilst your body is recovering from an illness?

- under stress – do you feel energy draining from you?

UNDERSTANDING YOUR BODY CLOCK:
the body clock relates to times of the day that you may feel more like doing certain activities . our body have natural body rhythms and biorhythms which can effect us .

some of us are at our best in the morning , waking early and preferring to start task early in the day , often described as ‘ LARKS’ other people struggle to get started in the morning and are happier in the afternoon and evening , and may even work late into the night these are known as ‘ OWLS’

it”s useful to understand whether you are more like larks or an owl and to choose you optimum times of the day to perform certain task or project
for more tips check out this : http://mastery-journey.com/site/energy-the-fuel-of-excellence
wonder boy

Post by FreddieJones on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Positive attitude is first thing to improve your energy levels, i always try to be positive even if i suffer from a failure. if your mind is fresh and healthy you'll have a good level of energy in yourself. secondly good food and third is exercise.
Watch This Video It Changed My Life! - http://www.LifeModification.com
FreddieJones

Post by viktorados on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Would like to share my recent discovery with you.

I have been invited by a friend of mine to local tantra seminar.
The key focus there was on breathing techniques (pranayama, etc).
After Saturday and Sunday course, and lots a exercises in the seminar room, everybody had the energy kick for another week or two.

The trainer has recomended to include into daily morning excercise list pranayama and couple of other excercises.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by tndave on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:54 am

Diet & exercise are very important. Obviously something like drinking too much alcohol would be detrimental. But, I think the most important thing is mental attitude, passion & enthusiasm for what you are doing will keep you up and going. Like the old saying goes, “A dog in the hunt ain’t got no fleas.” Remember chasing your first girl (or guy)? Staying up all night talking…or whatever…and the next day having that extra spring in your step even though you should be dog tired? Or starting a new endeavor of some sort and having an insatiable hunger for more information and knowledge on the subject? How can you keep that passion after it’s not so new anymore or when things don’t seem to be going right? I would suggest the best starting point is to be genuinely grateful for each day. If you live to be 80 that’s only 29,200 days and believe me the older you get the faster they click off. Whatever your situation might be, it is a lot better than most people on this earth if you are reading this. Plus, you have a hunger for improvement and instead of wishing or expecting someone to give you something you are willing to learn and change and work for what you want, something that most people, sadly, are unwilling to do. So, if you wake up in the morning, first be thankful that you did and then be thankful for who you are and what you have. Then be thankful for the challenges that you face, because they will make you stronger…as long as you don’t give up and quit. Then get out of bed and get going. Keep an eye on the future…”Dream Build” keep a carrot on a stick out there to chase after…something that you can be passionate about and know that what you do today will get you a little bit closer. I’m not talking about being able to pay the bills on time, I mean some big ole fast & nasty luxurious car, vacation, home or whatever floats your yacht. Go out & look at it, touch it, drive it & bring back pictures & put them up & know that you can & will have what ever it is. And by all means take some time off to recharge your batteries…get away from it all occasionally.

Food for thought:
Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows that it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows that it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
It doesn’t matter if you are a lion or gazelle: when the sun comes up you’d better be running!!

This is my first post here and I don’t want to come off as a know it all…I wrote this as much to myself as I did to anyone that may read it…
tndave

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Questions