Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

[help] how to find out your life`s purpose

In this motivation forum you can get inspired and motivated to lift up your mood and place a smile on your face;) Self improvement and motivation

Moderator : viktorados

[help] how to find out your life`s purpose

Post by blackholesun on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 am

no, I`m not a newbie, matter of fact is I`ve been doing self-help stuff for years

it helped me a lot, with my confidence, relationships, health, finances and so on

I`ve read and done all the major stuff, that`s out there, including hypnosis, to change myself for the better

and even though I do meditation on a daily basis, I`m still lost when it comes to my main purpose, as well as my core identity

when I was a kid, I was hurt really badly and to become even, I chose to be a person, that was immune to that sort of vulnerabilty

lots of years have passed since than and as I transformed myself I became somebody powerfull, until I lost almost all and realized it was an illusion, comparing myself to an image that never was, while making faces into a bent mirror

so the main question is:

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

HOW DO I FIND OUT WTF I`M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING?

ps: I`ve been through a lot in my life, so pls no woo-woo stuff, like just rest with your wiener in your hand, because the universe shall throw the answer at you, okay
blackholesun

Re: [help] how to find out your life`s purpose

Post by romeo on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:09 am

My friend I'm at the stage where you are at. I have achieved most of the things that I wanted and now I feel lost, I'm at the "what now?" point. I don't know what I should do, what I want to do, where to go, no inspiration, no purpose. Everything seems vague and foggy.

I just don't know whether I should go on a trip or start working hard and make money, because I always wanted to make heaps of money and now I have an opportunity to do it, but kind of lack the drive because I had a glimpse of what it feels like to have money and it doesn't seem to drive me anymore.

I see you posted this thread 2 weeks ago, let me know about your thought and progress, keep this thread alive. Lets see if we can uncover our life purpose, I'm sure its very close and we must continue the search.
romeo

Post by Roger on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:29 am

I try to do this:

Whenever I am somewhere I try to leave the place in a better state then I found it. When I meet somebody I try to leave them in a better state than I found them. It's like the world would be a little bit worse place have I not been there. It doesn't have to be a huge leap, only a little bit, it will add.

Your special life purpose, only you can find or accept. Think of values like freedom, rights, responsibility, education and how you can enhance them in yourself and help others also with your already learned lessons! Don't settle for "do no evil", actually do good!

Look where you made the mistake when you almost lost it all. Maybe you didn't know how to relate to people, or had poor risk management or made a superficial analysis, maybe you believed too much in yourself and forgot to thank and act as God likes us to do. Or maybe you were overwhelmed by some unresolved emotional issues or something that hurt you in the past became too much of a thing you try to avoid, that it modified your behavior (I've been through that).
Keep us posted when you will find a path!
Roger
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by HungLe86 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 am

Some very inspirational posts here guys.

I agree with a lot of the ideas mentioned here. We all reach some sort of brick wall or crossroads in our life which leave us dead in our tracks thinking "What is my purpose? Why am I even here? Will I be doing the same thing over and over for the next decade or so?". These questions sure can puzzle our minds from time to time and it's a good idea to just take them on board as being 'times of reflection'. All too often many of us get carried away working hours on end, perhaps catching up with friends and family from time to time or not even as often as we would like.. and we forget to look after number one - ourselves of course!

One thing which I truly believe is that once you determine your passion you will inevitably determine your purpose in life! If your passion is to help people grow or learn.. chances are you'll land yourself in a job which will do exactly that! and the funny thing is it won't even appear as a job because you get so 'caught up' in the moment and enjoy yourself so much that nothing can stop you! Then that's when you'll stop and think 'perhaps this is my purpose in life?' and yes.. that will be the prime time when you will feel 100% on top of the world because you have finally found the answer to the question which has bugged you for so many years :)

Hope I provided some useful feedback.
Take care and all the best guys!
HungLe86

Facebook comments

Return to Motivation and INSPIRATION