Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

How To Enlighten Narrow-Minded Souls Without Preaching?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

How To Enlighten Narrow-Minded Souls Without Preaching?

Post by KING_Darko on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey everyone!

I've been having a number of interactions lately which have left me feeling a little confused. Most of these conversations are talks about the economy, how bad it is, and how bad a recession will be (blah blah blah). Of course, I feel compelled to enlighten these people that the economic conditions will only affect them if they let it, but I do not want to preach, or impose my beliefs on other people. I also had a conversation with a friend of mine who's grandma had recently just passed away, and she was saying how she felt "obligated" to feel sad, and act like things were NOT okay. I wanted to enlighten her that death is nothing more than a passing from one world to the next, and that she does not need to be sad or adopt a negative energy because of this. And she can be happy and there is nothing wrong with that. Again, I stopped myself because I felt it wouldn't be right to convince her otherwise. The same thing goes for talks I will have with others about religion, etc. Its not that I agree with things that I don't believe in myself, but I take a pretty neutral stance on it.

I'm trying to figure out what's the best way, if there is any, to enlighten people that have a very limited view of the world. People who are genuinely ignorant of the way their lives could be. I'm also wondering what sort of similar experiences that you have had in relation to this topic.

Pondering,

:unsure: KING_Darko
My Calling in life is to wake up every day surrounded with so much love for myself, my life and others that the extreme levels of abundance I experience in all aread of my life are a direct and natural reflection of my own inner wholeness.
KING_Darko
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: How To Enlighten Narrow-Minded Souls Without Preaching?

Post by viktorados on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 pm

The only way to change the person's view on how the things work is by changing one or more global beliefs. Such beliefs are usually hard to change, because everybody protects them. These beliefs usually define the person and are laid into the foundation of their "inner world".

But if your friend is of a young age (when the beliefs are still being formed) it is much easier to change them, then when you speak with an already mature person.

PS It sometimes helps if you let your friend come to the new conclusions & new beliefs on their own (with you guiding them there), than when you present them as your own idea.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by KING_Darko on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Very good points.

It can be tough because I remember that I used to be narrow-minded like that and think everything in life happened simply by chance. So when I see someone struggling and having a mindset like that, I'm compelled to help them.

What exactly do you mean by global beliefs
My Calling in life is to wake up every day surrounded with so much love for myself, my life and others that the extreme levels of abundance I experience in all aread of my life are a direct and natural reflection of my own inner wholeness.
KING_Darko
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by viktorados on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:42 pm

KING_Darko wrote:What exactly do you mean by global beliefs

Here is a short post about global beliefs: http://selfmadevip.com/blog/view/id_38/title_my-global-beliefs-expectations/
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by eft123 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:10 am

Never be afraid to voice out your opinion. Just remember to deliver it in a nice and respectful way. :)
eft123
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General