Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I think that being in this forum has helped me to realise that there can be more to life than what I'm currently having... So, the value of SelfMadeVIP for me is that of associating with people who are making their dreams come true."
excel, 07 Dec 2007 More testimonials can be found here

How to develop a leader inside you?

Real Estate & Property Development, Small Business & Entrepreneurs, Negotiation & Contracts, Consulting, Recruitment & Interviewing, Sales & Marketing, Money Management & Taxes, Offshore & Tax Avoidance, Management & Leadership, Mindset & Achievement, Corporate Design & Branding, Customer Service

Post by viktorados on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Leaders are not born. They are developed day by day.
By having a vision and leading yourself and other people towards it.
What do you have to do?
What do you need for this?
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: How to develop a leader inside you?

Post by jontaw001 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 am

to be a leader, you must have a strong reason to change your life. A strong why as many call it. You must believe that you can become the person you want to be. Everything else follows.

After you know why you must change. You must have a cause. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. I developed leadership skills because a undeniable opportunity fell in my lap and I knew the only way to own up is to lead others, and even as a upcoming businssman, I still am thankful for that intial cause that changed me into the person I am today.

After you find your cause, you must develop the skills, mostly in your speech. Watch videos of great speakers like MLK Jr, Malcom X, Obama, Clinton, any speaker that has changed the lives of others and you will notice a sense of tenacity in each of their tones. They have such great strive, energy, conviction, with such a tone, you can stir a person's soul to follow your vision.

And most importantly, you must have Love, as cliche as that sounds, you must love you fellow man in order to convince them to follow you into promised land. The person following you must know that you care for them to follow you. If you are a good leader, the follower would follow you into hell.

So you must have reason to change your or others lifestyle, it must be strong

You must have a cause.

You must have skill. The tone of speech especially.

And you must have love.

I believe those are the qualities needed to lead others.
jontaw001

Post by cthomas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:28 pm

viktorados wrote:Leaders are not born. They are developed day by day.
By having a vision and leading yourself and other people towards it.
What do you have to do?
What do you need for this?
Leaders Are made by standing up for the right thing
cthomas

Post by Jrack on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 am

Sorry to disagree, but there are natural leaders. People who gravitate to positions of leadership, and to whom followers respond. We've all met them. Even if they are not good-looking, they radiate charisma and command attention.

They also have a burning desire to lead; they can't help it. In any given situation, they will take the lead and people will follow.

For those who don't have those qualities, the best way to grow them is to act as though you are a leader, and lead yourself to action. As others see you taking action, they will follow your lead.

Many leaders learned to take command through experience, as well.
Jrack

Post by vanesavis18 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:17 am

To perfect your self in particular field then take guidance from your senior.
vanesavis18

Facebook comments

Next

Return to 2. BUSINESS OWNER (Discussion)