Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

How much do you donate each year?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

How much do you donate each year?

Post by melolas on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:44 pm

How much, on average, does everyone donate per year. And what do you usually donate to
melolas
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: How much do you donate each year?

Post by qnn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Well, I am not much of a donator but I take care of my close ones when they need help. I'd like to see the results myself, rather than giving my money to an organization who directs it to hundred different ways. Look around yourself and you will find many people in need of help.
qnn
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by vibra on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:05 am

qnn wrote:Well, I am not much of a donator but I take care of my close ones when they need help. I'd like to see the results myself, rather than giving my money to an organization who directs it to hundred different ways. Look around yourself and you will find many people in need of help.

Yep. I too agree with this one. I would rather see the glint of gratitude in their eyes and the expression of joy, personally rather than give money to some huge organisation. And yes there are plenty of people around who need help and this way you have a greater chance of influencing them positively than otherwise.
vibra
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by mapotofuu on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm

vibra wrote:
qnn wrote:Well, I am not much of a donator but I take care of my close ones when they need help. I'd like to see the results myself, rather than giving my money to an organization who directs it to hundred different ways. Look around yourself and you will find many people in need of help.

Yep. I too agree with this one. I would rather see the glint of gratitude in their eyes and the expression of joy, personally rather than give money to some huge organisation. And yes there are plenty of people around who need help and this way you have a greater chance of influencing them positively than otherwise.

I agree as well. The money you give to large organizations will go through many peoples hand before they get handed to the actual person in need. However, buying clothes or food for them is different. You know they will be delivered.
Do what thy manhood bids thee do, from none but self expect applause; He noblest lives and noblest dies who makes and keeps his self-made laws.
Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)
mapotofuu
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by RuiFerreira on Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Well, I give 150 EUR per year to a specific child in India; its called SOS India and they deliver food/clothes and other things to the child. Its really well spent money, if you ask me, I probably should give even more...

The things here is the economics;Its just mind boggling but 150 euros goes a long way in India!... Its feeds a person for an whole year!!! Golly! Forget about giving money in your rich country to a person! Your're wasting money away!

Last night I took a taxi and it cost me 30 EUR, so, this is just mind boggling math to me, that for such a small amount in other country you can leverage your money for the common good.

And of course, the feeling you get for actually doing something intensifies when you get than hand written letter year after year of the same child thanking you for "parenting" them.

Its just great.
RuiFerreira
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General