Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

How many of you don't drink soda?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

How many of you don't drink soda?

Post by rugard on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:34 am

Because, I drink a lot. I just can't help it. I try to drink more water, but I always give in.

Just how bad is it for you
rugard

Re: How many of you don't drink soda?

Post by developing_success on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:49 am

I hadn't drink anything else but water and 100% fruit juice maybe by myself from fruits. I've lost a lot of fat and maintained my body muscle mass.
It's not hard at all, just change your mentality, say that "I'm an athlete, I LOVE MY BODY, i don't put junk in it."

Would you put garbage in a temple Guess not!
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by edmon_dantes on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Hydration and Sleep - We're Dying of Thirst in Our Sleep! from the book How To Sleep Less and Have More Energy Than You Ever Had Before
I can read your thoughts right now:
A ' A"Oh no... Another guy that's going to talk about drinking 8 glasses of water a day...A ' A
A ' A"Yup!A ' A
If you're not drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, chances are you are creating a
water deficit in your body. Here's a break down of how much water your body uses
every day:

A ' A Your Intestines: about 1/2 cups of water
A ' A Breathing: about 1 and 1/3 cups of water
A ' A Your Lungs: about 2 cups
A ' A Your Skin: about 2 cups of water
A ' A Your Kidneys: about 5 and 1/2 cups of water!
Under normal conditions, the body loses approximately 12 cups of water every
day!
The main effect of dehydration is seen in your blood, your blood clumps together and
can't carry oxygen to all the parts of your body. As an effect, you'll feel tired, low on
energy, and your immune system will be lowered.
Studies show that most people are so dehydrated, they mistake the body's natural
call for water for hunger! Most people find it difficult to start drinking 8 cups of water a
day, and see it as too much of a A ' A"choreA ' A . However, this is usually only because your
body has adapted to chronic dehydration. Once you start drinking more water and
give your body the message that A ' A"Hey, we have water! We can have all we want!A ' A it
will get the point, and you will actually get thirsty more often!
Speaking from my personal experience, when I decided to quit drinking all the crap I
was taking in every day (Pop, Coffee, Juice), and drink nothing but water, I saw the
effects immediately. I had dandruff and all kinds of skin problems for years which
disappeared in less than 3 days after I started drinking water! I had more energy,
and decreased my sleeping time by 2 hours.
Interestingly enough, after about 6 months of drinking nothing but water, I
accidentally picked up a cup with Pepsi in it and took a sip. IT FELT LIKE I WAS
SWOLLOWING 20 scoops of sugar! It was absolutely disgusting and I almost
gagged!

The challenge for our bodies that we're constantly presenting is drinking fluids that
aren't part of what our bodies were meant to take in naturally. Our bodies cope with it
and A ' A"adaptA ' A . The moment you start giving your body what it really needs and
deserves, it will thank you for it, and it won't want to go back to the other crap!
So how does water affect your sleep
During deep sleep our blood vessels dilate, and most of the blood which is usually
stored in our inner organs throughout the day travels into our muscles to repair them.
If your body is dehydrated, your blood clumps together and doesn't get to all the
places it needs to, it doesn't carry enough oxygen to all your muscles.
During REM sleep, respiration and blood pressure escalate dramatically, blood flow
to the brain and muscles also increases.
Most people wake up in the morning extremely thirsty. Sleeping without water
in your system is the equivalent of running an 8 hour marathon without a water
break!

Also, a large portion of our energy during the night goes into our digestive system,
which also relies heavily on water! If your system is more hydrated, your body will
spend less energy digesting food during the night, and put more focus into giving you
better sleep. As a result, you'll sleep less, and feel much more ENERGIZED and
REFRESHED in the morning.
Proper hydration also plays a major role in helping your body temperature rhythm
adjust. The more hydrated you are the easier it is for your body to control your body
temperature. Your body temperature is the main underlying clock which controls
when and how you sleep! Proper hydration in your body will help this system operate
at its optimum level, just as motor oil does in a car engine.
It would go beyond the scope of this short e-book to talk about how beneficial water
is to your health, not just your sleep. If you take this message to heart, and decide to
totally hydrate yourself once and for all, here's a quick method:
Buy a 2.0 Liter Bottle of Pop of your choice (Coca Cola, Pepsi, Sprite...), take the
bottle to the bathroom and pour the contents down the toilet, as you do this, say to
yourself A ' A"I'm not drinking this crap anymore!A ' A
Clean out the bottle, and fill it with drinking water. This is approximately how much
water you should be drinking every day! Carry this bottle with you around the house,
and whenever you feel like drinking/eating some junk, take a sip of the water. Your
goal should be to finish at least half the bottle in a day.
Also, keep a glass of water by your bed when you go to sleep. When you wake up,
drink the whole glass before you set off on your day.

I m sure this will help you if you want to give it a try. :)
edmon_dantes
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by sky on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:54 pm

wow. thats some vauable info there

thanks ED Image
sky
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by developing_success on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 am

You forgot to mention that after drinking about 1,5 L of water before you sleep, you'll wake up hourly to use the "mens room" :lol:
It's annoying but I LOVE WATER :D :D
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General