Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"My first impression of this site is that here can meet people with likely visions and dreams, we can share ideas which could help us achieve our goals."
Fred Morel, 19 May 2007 More testimonials can be found here

How do you define success in your own terms?

Asking yourself right questions can often speed up your way towards the life of your dreams

Moderator : developing_success

Post by Amy Twain on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:21 am

Do you consider yourself a successful person?
Discover the secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
Amy Twain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Re: How do you define success in your own terms?

Post by troplogic on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Well I can only speak for myself in this attempt to answer your question, so here it is.

I'll start with a loose definition first,
1.an event that accomplishes its intended purpose; "let's call heads a success and tails a failure"; "the election was a remarkable success for the Whigs"

2.an attainment that is successful; "his success in the marathon was unexpected"; "his new play was a great success"

3.a state of prosperity or fame; "he is enjoying great success"; "he does not consider wealth synonymous with success"

4.achiever: a person with a record of successes; "his son would never be the achiever that his father was"; "only winners need apply"; "if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success"

Now that we have that out of the way, I believe the best way to define "Success" in my own life is if I look at first the 5 areas of life.
Spiritual, Health, Mental/Education, Financial, and Social.

When I look at say health, I would first have to figure out what I know is healthy, and that would be in how I feel, look, and feel/look when looking in the mirror. Also I could go by what people tell me about my health/body. This would give me a grounds for which to measure what I wanted in the future. If it was to weight a certain amount then I would set a goal of it, and that goal would be my ultimate level of success, and each pound I dropped would be a step towards that level of success. In essence I would be succeeding each time I moved forward.

You can then take this same approach to any area of your life in which to measure, and that's why I think it's fun to see how different it is for everyone and what success means to them, because it's always different because we all want different things at different times.

Now to answer the last question, "Do you consider yourself a successful person?" Oh yes!
I've reached thousands of goals, and I always find that when I reach one I'm hungry for the next!
And the biggest thing I've seen to pop at the surface is not so much the setting of and reaching goals, but the process or rather the journey along the way.

I hope this brings light to the mind of someone :)
troplogic

Post by bobelster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 am

I think success is different for every person. As a professional coach and speaker I've worked with so many different people who all would define success so differently, at least in terms of what it looks like on the outside. I've often given the example of Mother Teresa and Bob Proctor. Mother Teresa had no money, had few possessions and pretty much served the most downtrodden and helpless people in the world. Bob Proctor has made millions of dollars, travels around the world, has a good amount of posessions and does serve other people but not necesarily the same population. When you look at the two they are very different externally. However I think they both are equally successful. I think success is primarily about living the life you were intended to live. In order to determine what that is you need to be honest with yourself, get in touch with your passion and be willing to go for it no matter what. Very few people are actually successful because few people are honest with themselves or allow themselves the freedom to truly follow their passion. So I guess I would say that success is simply living the life you were meant to live. And yes, I feel as though I am doing that and my passion is to help others do the same.
To your great success,
Bob Elster
Bob@thecravecommunity.com
www.getthekeytosuccess.com
Looking for the most thorough and powerful personal growth program? Visit www.getthekeytosuccess.com to unleash your potential!
To your great success,
Bob Elster
bobelster

Post by Westhedirector on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Success is indeed different from one person to another. "to each his own" you could say.

Each definition is different, but there is a way to approaching this success that is universal to everyone that is trying to obtain it.

The progress has to measurable.

It needs a time frame to keep yourself on track.

It needs to be only within that persons power. No other factors must be
depended upon to make this happen.

The definition cannot be changed once set. This is to prevent the yourself from straying off the path.
VISIT MY BLOG ON HOW TO LIVE LIFE HAPPIER AND WITH MORE SUCCESS.

http://www.cloud9writer.com
Westhedirector

Post by auburntree on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

success is when you found happiness in the things that you chose to do =)
Discover These Easy Habits That Only The TOP 1% Of
Individuals In The World Use To Become Extremely Rich, Successful, And Happy In Life
www.leaderinus.com/access
auburntree
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Return to Success Questions