Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

How do I go about having a positive abundant attitude

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: How do I go about having a positive abundant attitude

Post by Inspired on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Shawn, seems like you have many things going for you which many unfortunate people do not have.

If you want to be positive, think positive and leave alone those negative thoughts. They do you no good. Who wants to be a cynic anyway?

Religion is for man and not the other way around. Spirituality is actually good, it can help you attain a calm, serene outlook which again is helpful to have a fulfilled life. Again Religion is NOT spirituality. Spirituality is more concerned with the quality of your thoughts than religious beliefs.

May you attain the positive abundance in your life that you seek.
Inspired
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by shawn on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions so far.

I am already implementing some of the advice that has been given and I am grateful for the new ones which I am looking forward to doing.

If anyone has anything physical or an exercise that can be done apart from just thinking about being positve that can be helpful please let me know. For a long time, I thought I was a hard gainer and weighed pretty much the same weight for 7 years. But it was not until I starting lifing on a consistent basis and eating 4-5 meals a day that I gained 20 pounds in just over 3 months! (my goal was 15 lbs) The physical engagment taught me about the way I think and the limiting beliefs one has.

The reason I am asking for exercises or something physical that I can do is that I have come to a lot of realizations about myself through doing something physical. I remember one occasion when I tried out for a soccer team after over 2 years of practically no significant physical activity except for the occasional stroll to the gym.

Tryouts were over a period of 3 days. I didnt make the team but during that time a friend of my encouraged me so much that I went right though all the physicall drills despite the fact that my body was in pain afterwards. While I was doing it, although it was tough, there was a sense of release and knowledge that I had it in me – I guess you can call it mind over body.
shawn

Post by smilodon on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:26 am

You might want to try a recreational sports team if you enjoy sports, you may even find a jym partner there, and it is much more fun in pairs.

The second thing I might suggest is martial arts, it has thought me a lot about myself and changed the way I perceive things.

Jogging was also something that helped me a lot, as you learn to think about nothing while you run, which is clearing your mind, gaining concentration (if you can think of nothing for a while, you can ceirtanly think of anything you want at that time too, with no distracting thoughts) or even meditation, or whatever you like to call it ;) and plus you gain physical health.
"I have not failed, i've only found 265 ways that don't work."

"When I put my finger into your eye, you will have a finger in an eye and I will have a finger in an eye but it won't be the same."
smilodon
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by shawn on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for all the advice so far.

If anyone has any other suggestions (does not have to be something physical) that worked for them or that they have heard of – I am all ears.

Thank you.
shawn

Post by smilodon on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:30 am

I'd just like to say that persistence beats anything, and that physical is extremely important. I found out that it is very hard for me to have a positive outlook on things without it, and I even cant find a bad day where I started out with a workout.

I know it is hard, but if you do not like so many things with your current life, do something daring, at least try ! Move away or something, I'm sure your mother will understand, if you tell her you are just not happy as things are atm, and if you "fail", she would surely take you back. Even if you "fail" to manage to live on your own, you have done something that scares the (insert swear) out of you, and that alone will make you more positive, knowing that you can trust yourself to go out and do everything you can to make yourself happy.
So worst case scenario, you go back home, and in a while, if you are unhappy there again, try something new :)
"I have not failed, i've only found 265 ways that don't work."

"When I put my finger into your eye, you will have a finger in an eye and I will have a finger in an eye but it won't be the same."
smilodon
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Previous

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...