Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Horrible experience with Anthony Robbins Coaches

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Horrible experience with Anthony Robbins Coaches

Post by billionairekid18 on Wed May 13, 2009 6:51 pm

You know what, it's hard to drastically change your lifestyle so that you start producing action. I mean, the reason we're here is because we need help in some area of our life to make change, isn't it? I don't see any billionaires here. That's because they've already got it figured out and produce action.

That's my biggest obstacle. I hadn't figured out how to make the behavioral change and without someone to help push me, I've struggled. Recently I hit bottom and I've changed my mindset a lot, got some audio's to help me, and started to reconstruct my life. It's a process though and it's different (I was going to say hard but I'm affirming to myself that change is easy now).
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by debcrow on Sat May 16, 2009 10:16 pm

billionairekid18 wrote: I don't see any billionaires here. .
are you sure about that?
debcrow
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Glasstank on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Im chiming in a bit late into this discussion. I think it is true that whatever you had to learn you already have from the audios of the PD greats. All you gotta do now is to put them to work. Thats where a lot falter.
I tried so many 'strategies' that never seem to work for me strangely. Lately I have realised that it was just not enough to set a goal but to take those important baby steps towards accomplishing them. And Im sure sustained effort will show results. And thats precisely what the gurus teach in their audios/books. There is no substitute for being your own conscience keeper. One must cajole, force if necessary, oneself to be disciplined enough to stay the course. No follow though...No success!
___________________________________________________________________________________
"There will come a time when you will believe everything is finished.That will be the beginning."
- Louis L'amour
Glasstank
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by zentrader on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 am

I agree with both hypertrader and viteshb.

The trick that they do is to use their less expensive books (that do NOT reveal everything) to sell their more expensive services (coaching etc.) with the promise of linking your success with their services, using NLP hypnotic linguistic patterns.

The hidden marketing talk comes (and is timed accurately) just when you are in the 'state' of being euphoric high, when you are most vulnerable to fall for their gimmicks.

Tony is a 'brand'. He has brand equity, fan following, and we cannot grudge his strategy of milking it for whatever it is worth as long as he can. That is what cola MNCs do, selling sugared water 25x the cost, right?

Still, internet is a great leveller and lots of material is freely available.
What I would suggest is BE AWARE of the tactics, use whatever is useful and throw away the rest (including the coaching services).

BTW, Landmark Education offers lots of coaching (value for money, really) when you enroll in one of their courses. But they are also an American company and also follow similar marketing tactics.
zentrader

Post by NewLife on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:13 am

Wow, what a synchronicity! As I heard Eben's interview with Tony I noticed that when Eben asked for 2 minutes to speak there was a light shock in Tony. Eben simply does NOT relinquishes his power to anyone and that's what he was doing, keeping his power for himself. I think Tony never really met a mPUA or he'd know better ;)
Anyway, there's still a lot of value in Tony's products, specially the books. Yes, the written ones and not the audio stuff.
NewLife

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to General