Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Hello from Canada

Introduce yourself to the other members of our self help forum

Hello from Canada

Post by Junkman on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi
I have a secondhand shop and opening a collectible shop in a small village in Ontario.
I have a difficult time staying motivated and feel overwhelmed with what has to be don e although it's pleasant work.
Joined to stay motivated.
Thanks
JM
Junkman

Re: Hello from Canada

Post by JamesRob on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 am

Hey Junkman! I'm new here too. It's easy to get overwhelmed. I never heard anyone say they were underwhelmed. :roll:

I'm a details guy so what works for me is taking a big project, breaking it down into thirds, break the first third into thirds, and then look at that first milestone and ask "What's the next actionable step?" Must have action words like: file, take, get, go, etc. Then I write the next one if I know what it is...if it depends on action 1, then do action 1. The idea is not to focus on the entire messy room (as a metaphor) but decide to pick up that nasty rolled up sock at your feet, then the gum wrapper, then the magazine, and so on. Eventually the room is clean!

Hope to see you around.
JamesRob

Post by pipette4x on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

one thing that has helped me is EFT. i still have life issues but i dont' have the emotions that goes along with it. also good advice from jamesrob
pipette4x
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by JamesRob on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm

pipette4x wrote:one thing that has helped me is EFT. i still have life issues but i dont' have the emotions that goes along with it. also good advice from jamesrob

I agree with Pipette4x: EFT works great - not sure about the theory, but it WORKS! :)

James
JamesRob

Facebook comments

Return to Introductions