Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Grow a business, get a job, or get promoted.

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Post by LeftBehind on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:58 am

Sample Bio. Some use a professional picture of themselves as well:

Biography

Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx is an Information Systems and Technology professional with extensive experience in the management of mainframes, networks, telecommunication hardware and application development. Having earned a BS degree in Computer Science, and with numerous certifications, he has spent 14 years applying his knowledge to every facet of his trade, including budgeting, project management, employee relations, due diligence, implementations/integrations and even site closures.

Highlights of Mr. Xxxxxx s career include:

Stellar year for profit in 1997 of $5.5 Million in a low margin business directly related to improvements in plant data collection and enhanced IT presence.
Manufacturing project in summer of 2003 was accomplished with minimal costs, yet profits went from negative in the first half of the year to over 300k in the last half of the year proving an immediate ROI.
Improved IT help desk response time taken from almost non existent to an average of 1 day for general tasks and 1 week for application development.
Seamless transition into 2000 thru proactive modification and replacement of particular legacy programs and hardware.
Managed multiple sites with minimal labor costs by incorporating the principles of team collaboration and hands-on management.
Migrated and/or integrated multiple legacy systems to newer platforms including financial systems, manufacturing systems, tracking systems and analytical processing systems.
Regarded as the internal expert on data collection and complex reporting.
Managed various levels of staff providing support and development services.

Known by most as creative, frugal, detail oriented and diligent, Mr. Xxxxxx is a can-do manager who is able to provide on-time results and reduce costs. His hands-on style of management ensures that he understands the needs of the business as well as the individuals and is never out of touch with either.

Mr. Xxxxxx is seeking a position with a progressive company or organization where he can utilize his expertise in Information Systems/Technology management as an integral team member in determining and achieving the business objectives.

Telephone: (555) 555-5555 Email: xxxxxxx@xxxxx.net
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by selfmadevip on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:29 am

Good topic for youngsters as well as job seekers, I would like to add some RESUME softwares to benefit all. :)

DETAILS: http://www.selfmadevip.com/viewtopic.php?p=2186#2186

200 Best Jobs for College Graduates(BOOK)
DETAILS: http://www.selfmadevip.com/viewtopic.php?p=2284#2284

The Ultimate Career Success Workbook
DETAILS: http://www.selfmadevip.com/viewtopic.php?p=2285#2285
Last edited by selfmadevip on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
selfmadevip
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by viktorados on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:19 am

Thanx a lot guys!
... a high-quality post

next thing that we need would be a few examples
of business plans or business ideas :D
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by LeftBehind on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:49 pm

Good stuff guys. When writing letters use the Dale Carnegie method when ASKING to GET. Here's an example of a branch manager out of work looking to get an interview. Notice how she focuses squarely on how she would be a benefit to them without resorting to using I needs, I am looking fors and Mes. This is a good letter:

Dear Sir:

My ten years of bank experience should be of interest to a rapidly growing bank like yours. In various capacities in bank operations with the Bankers Trust Company in New York, leading to my present assignment as Branch Manager, I have acquired skills in all phases of banking including depositor relations, credits, loans and administration.

I will be relocating to Phoenix in May and I am sure I can contribute to your growth and profit. I will be in Phoenix the week of April 3 and would appreciate the opportunity to show you how I can help your bank meet its goals.

Sincerely,

Barbara L. Anderson
Last edited by LeftBehind on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by LeftBehind on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Agreed. I finished an MBA on line last year and realistic business plans and marketing plans are very useful to guiding a business idea to success. Some people patch them together in an effort to get capitalized but that's really not how they should be assembled. We'll need to get in to that viktorados. That's an important topic. I'm assembling one currently for my new startup which I hope will be successful.. *more than fingers are crossed*.

viktorados wrote:Thanx a lot guys!
... a high-quality post

next thing that we need would be a few examples
of business plans or business ideas :D
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...