Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"It's value to me is beyond words! When I found this forum I couldn't believe what I saw, an entire site buzzing with activity from like minded people trying to help each other reach their goals (social,spiritual,financial, emotional,etc...). Thank you for a true internet treasure!!!!!!"
sandman, 06 Mar 2008 More testimonials can be found here

Greatest Lesson that Life has Taught You

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Greatest Lesson that Life has Taught You

Post by viktorados on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 am

Life has been called, 'The University of Hard Knocks'

Some of us have been around the block a few times...
and should have learned some invaluable lessons...
maybe you could share them with us...
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Greatest Lesson that Life has Taught You

Post by sky on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:39 am

ABOUT BALANCE:

I used to live a life of extremes for as long as I can remember. And I used to take pride in it. For example during the college I wouldnt study for almost the whole semester and just before the exams started, I would slog an impossible 18 hours a day for several consecutive days and ace the exam (even though I was showing complete disregard for my body). Similar cases in other field like exercising and spending money ( I wouldnt spend a penny for weeks and then all of a sudden splurge huge amounts of money in a day). Similar with the social life experiences. I wouldnt even think about friends and relatives for months and then all of a sudden surprise them and spend weeks of quality time with them. Sleeping habits - sometimes I wouldnt sleep for 2-3 days on the trot and then I would sleep a recored of 18 hours in a day. Same with the grades I received, sometimes I scored 10/10 CGPA and Sometimes it would barely touch 8.0 ( instead of a being steady 9.something)

So my life was a life of extremes. I enjoyed it that way. That I could s-t-r-e-t-c-h things even when other lived their mundane normal lives. I could stretch myself way beyond others around me could ever manage to do. This gift was fine in itself but I started to abuse this ability to soak in tremendous amounts of pressure and still deliver when it mattered most.

But as I matured and learned form life experiences (mine and others), that I had been incorrect all along to assume that this life of extremes was the best way to live. I realised that we humans are not built to endure this extreme cyclic-loading. Sooner or later the abuse in all areas of life shows up and you come crashing down to earth.

The greatest lesson life ever taught me is - that BALANCE is so important in life. Balance with consistent, steady improvement. If you plan to live a life of happiness and harmony, the you should always try ad steer clear of the extremes. Balance between all the aspects of life. Balance within the individual aspects as well. Equilibrium in your emotional state. In your mental and Physical health. Moderation in your diet.steadiness and consistency in your exercise habits. These are the habits to follow. these make a truly great SMV.

The problem with living a life of extremes is that eventually you are going to burnout mid way because life even though at times may seem short, it really isnt. While trying to be extreme, you can ace a 100 metre dash, but life my friends is very different. Life is more like a 50 KM marathon where you need to balance your run - slow, steady, consistent, always improving. And this way I feel one can live a successful life full of contentment, happiness, and harmony.

I am happy that I have learnt this lesson pretty early in my life (23) because I know of people who are 50+ but still have not recognised the value of living a balanced life. I plan to follow this lesson throughout my life.

Feel free to comment, suggest. :D
shanty
sky
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by edmon_dantes on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:09 pm

One of the most important lessons that I have learned is to give ,to help others without expecting to recive something in excange.That s the beauty of giving
And belive me... When you give,give from your heart because actualy you are giving to yourself :)

please listen this song 2PAC - "A White Christmas" + "Hold On

Link

2Pac was a great man,a great artist.....and for me was and he still is my mentor....his music helped me so much.enjoy :)
edmon_dantes
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by GetAhead on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:00 pm

shanty wrote:ABOUT BALANCE:

Balance between all the aspects of life. Balance within the individual aspects as well. Equilibrium in your emotional state. In your mental and Physical health. Moderation in your diet.steadiness and consistency in your exercise habits. These are the habits to follow.

Couldn't agree more. Good that you have learned your lesson early in life. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear."
GetAhead
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by real on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 am

We are all one. If you give something to someone, you actually give it to yourself. Giving implies you have something to give, and if you realize that you have infinite amount of it, unconditional giving becomes a very joyous process. We have infinite amount of unconditional love (= non judgment) to give and we all should do it.

Infinite Love is the Only Truth, Everything Else is Illusion. (David Icke)
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General