Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Giving while alive...

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Giving while alive...

Post by 4everlearner on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:46 pm

A rich man complained to his friend: "People don't like me. They say I'm selfish and stingy. And yet in my last will and testament I have donated all that I own to charitable cause.

" His friend said: "Well, maybe the story of the cow and the pig has a lesson for you."

"The pig came to the cow and complained: 'People always talk about your friendliness. I know you are friendly, you do give them milk. But they get much, much more from me. They get ham and bacon and lard and they even cook my feet. And yet - no one likes me. To all of them I am just a pig, a hog. Why is that?'

The cow thought it over a bit and then said: 'Perhaps it's because I give while I am still alive!'"
When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
4everlearner

Re: Giving while alive...

Post by mrheredia on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Very wise... A lot of people complaint about no one liking them, but each one of us paved our own road, liked or not is all our choosing.
www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
mrheredia
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by debcrow on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:25 pm

There will always be those who don't like you, get over it, they will.
debcrow
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by newbitol on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 am

this is a great story :)
i love you all :heart:
newbitol

Facebook comments

Return to Success Stories