Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"It gives me choice, choice that a better world exists, which can be discovered and the new pathways navigated with little effort and lots of support of likeminded people. ...Once addicted, a member has no option but to change and start living his true potential."
rohlander, 22 Mar 2008 More testimonials can be found here

[HELP] Getting started in the Stock Exchange

Investing in Stocks, Stocks Trading, FOREX Trading, HYIP, Investing in Real Estate and Property, Investing in Precious Metals, Investing in Commodities, Investing in Art etc

[HELP] Getting started in the Stock Exchange

Post by thepine1 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi All

I'm looking for some advice and direction onto starting in investing into the stock-market long term & short-term day-trading looking to lose and win some earnings but mainly win 4 digit earnings in the start. I plan on investing an amount on company's which are newly listed which are cheap to buy I want to understand how to approach the whole situation. How to conduct research on the company ways to approach it.

What books & audio clips are great out there for teaching beginners in the Stock-Market. I'am quiet inteligent and looking to expand my knowledge into the stock exchange but looking for some light and guidance. I had a search throughout the site but I'm looking also for individual experiences who is the best to learn some stock-exchange advice from ?

Thanks in Advance.
thepine1

Re: [HELP] Getting started in the Stock Exchanage

Post by stef_a on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi,

I recommand against just buying newly listed stocks, that's pure speculative gambling. To have consistent profits you need a pattern/system to repeat on. I personally use technical analysis (looking at charts).

Long term investing and daytrading are very different. DIfferent system/method fit different personalities.

I suggest you read "Trade your way to financial freedom" by Van K Tharp. It's applicable no matter what your trading style is. If you wish to use technical analysis (which I recommand, but you have to find out for yourself), I suggest the book "Secrets to profiting in Bull and Bear market" by Stan Weinstein.

Goodluck !
stef_a

Re: [HELP] Getting started in the Stock Exchanage

Post by thepine1 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:31 am

Are they great beginner books in getting started ?
thepine1

Facebook comments

Return to 3. INVESTOR (Discussion)