Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I think that being in this forum has helped me to realise that there can be more to life than what I'm currently having... So, the value of SelfMadeVIP for me is that of associating with people who are making their dreams come true."
excel, 07 Dec 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Finding your Life Purpose

Here you can advertise your product or service

Finding your Life Purpose

Post by paulineh on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Finding your life purpose for some people is very difficult to define. You know vaguely what that is but sometimes you underestimate that purpose too. We may be very broad and say that our life purpose may be being a good parent or a good friend etc but what about a more definite purpose?

Here are some simple strategies for finding your own life purpose:

The First Step
There are so many distractions in our lives that we don’t listen to the small voice inside us. It is that inner you when it comes down to it that you need to consult about finding your life purpose. People are always giving us their own opinions and that applies to media, work, friends, family and virtually everyone who we come in contact with.

Your personal growth is up to you and not anyone else and we lead that life we choose so listen to your inner self and start focusing on your own purpose.

Listening to your inner self
We need to listen to our inner voice and the best way to do that is by keeping a daily journal of your thoughts. Many great people in history kept journals and letters.

Writing things down clarifies them in your mind instead of those thoughts going round and round in your head. Keep writing material near you and jot down things when they come to you. Identify the big questions like “what do I want to accomplish in my life”. Do this often and review the answers you are getting. this exercise will also give you understanding of your own thought processes.

Pursuing your life purpose
You need to pursue your life purpose and not just wait for inspiration or things to appear. Start feeding your mind with ideas and desire. Look at people you admire and see what they have done with their lives. A good source could also be autobiographies and start journals of your thoughts so you will eventually succeed finding your own life purpose.

Buy a journal and start today so you can start living that life purpose. The longer you leave it the shorter time you will have to living a full life and a fulfilling one.

http://www.ourselfdevelopment.com
paulineh

Re: Finding your Life Purpose

Post by vctorres on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:07 am

That is some very useful and helpful information.

I am going to start a journal asap, but I haven't yet but I will tonight. I guess you can say that I tend to want things to be perfect. For example, if I am not clear on something, instead of just doing something, I will put it off which I know is not good. Even the self-help gurus say to just do it (Like Nike says), and if it isn't perfect than oh well because nobody is perfect, and I am slowly starting to realize that.

I just wanted to let you know that you posted some great info in this post and also to let you know that I am checking out your blog too. Looks like a lot of great info.

Take care and God bless.

Kind regards,
Victor
"What the mind can conceive, and believe, it can achieve."-Napoleon Hill
vctorres

Facebook comments

Return to Advertise Yourself