Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Escaping from reality via TV, Games, Movies etc

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Escaping from reality via TV, Games, Movies etc

Post by viktorados on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Recently I had a conversation with a friend, and during it we came to an interesting insight:
most people do use
- TV,
- movies,
- games,
- drugs etc
as a way to enter a sort of a new reality

They simply escape from the real world into a world that is created by somebody else or by themselves...

Why do they do this
Have you observed a similar drive in you
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Escaping from reality via TV, Games, Movies etc

Post by sky on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Since most of us are not connected to our authentic self and therefore do not feel the innate joy we are naturally supposed to feel so we run after external sources of temporary stimulation like those mentioned above.

As I am becoming more and more self aware, these things are losing their charm. But I have lost a lot of valuable time in those incredible limiters of life.

Better late than never though. :D
Get Coached for FREE! More details here...

The list of my favorite books can be viewed here...
sky
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by real on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:22 am

"As I am becoming more and more self aware, these things are losing their charm. But I have lost a lot of valuable time in those incredible limiters of life."

So true! I have made the same experience. At present moment I nor watch TV, neither play games; I have completeley lost interest in these things. I seriously used to think, I could learn something useful for myself by watching TV or by playing games, so unbelievable!
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by GetAhead on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:13 pm

I don't do any of the things, and these things don't excite me. May be because most of the time, I am happy for what I am and with what I have and with what I do (May be not enough drive to be an SMV :wink: ). If you are at peace with yourself, no such "escapes" are necessary.
"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear."
GetAhead
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by garrum on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:46 pm

viktorados wrote:Why do they do this
Have you observed a similar drive in you

I think people do it to escape their emotions,we haven't learned how to deal with our emotions and the ego ,so we keep supressing it,because we have learned in the childhood that it is not good for example to feel fear or be angry or..., so people supresse the emotions it with the help of the things you have mentioned.

Love
garrum

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories