Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"It has definitely been a very welcome surprise to find a complete forum of like-minded, self-improving people!!"
Mik3NL, 28 Dec 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Doubt the law of attraction? This may help!

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Doubt the law of attraction? This may help!

Post by real on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Introduction

In the Web and real world I encounter many people, who doubt supernatural esoteric laws, the law of attraction in particular. They deny believing in forces that go beyond commonly accepted scientific explanation. Even after having seen The Secret they initially accept the suggested beliefs and even start to successfully apply them, but at some point capitulate disappointed falling back into old thought patterns.

If you are one of these fellows and still desire to achieve more in your life, this article may help.

Reality

It is logical to assume that the reality each of us lives in happens in our minds. This assumption is commonly accepted in psychology today. There is a physical world we can perceive with our five senses, but the reality each of us lives in is the result of our perception processed by our brain. This implies that each of us lives in a unique individual reality.

Belief System

The foundation of your reality is your belief system. A belief system is a set of interrelated beliefs. Our mind builds the reality based upon your belief system. Naturally, our mind supports any taken belief system by providing evidences that your beliefs are true.

Many empirical studies have been made and support this theory. For instance, there is a study where students were separated in two groups. Students of one group were asked to imagine that they were clerks, the students of the second group were asked to imagine that they were professors. After that, the students did several tests. Those who were asked to imagine being professors achieved better results than the group of clerks.

According to several inspirational authors, the most important thing successful people differ from unsuccessful is they have a supportive belief system.

It is important to understand that a belief is essentially a decision or choice, and you are free to choose. You can believe whatever you want to believe. For instance, you do not have to achieve something (e. g. financial success) to believe something (e. g. you are financially skillful). You simply choose to believe something and your mind will support it by filtering evidences from your experience in part or present. Beliefs can be installed by other people, e. g. if someone like a teacher says to you, that he finds you intelligent you will start to believe it and lift up to this belief. But this makes you dependent and highly vulnerable. Thus, try to build your belief system yourself. At the beginning affirmations may help (e. g. repeating I am intelligent in the morning hundred times will indeed lift up your mental abilities).

It is all about your beliefs, about your belief system. To achieve success, you must have a supportive belief system. How to build a supportive belief system

Find a role model and listen or read carefully what he believes in. And copy his beliefs even if these beliefs sound strange and unacceptable to you. The result is the only validation of the belief system. Thus, do not copy beliefs of an average school teacher or even your parents, if you do not want the results they have achieved in life. If you want to make money, learn from someone who makes money, not from some economy professor. A rule of successful people: surround yourself with successful people and success models and learn from them (e. g. using great resources provided in this forum).

Belief System From The Secret

The film The Secret provides a great general belief system you can start with:

1. You are a powerful and very capable being (in contrast to the common belief that we are insignificant creatures on a dust particle in the universe called planet Earth)

2. Take the responsibility for your life; you create your future right now (in contrast to the typical victim mentality and beliefs in fate, predestination)

3. You can achieve, have, be and experience everything you can imagine. Thus, the question if you can achieve something is not relevant (the answer is always yes) but if you desire to achieve it (in contrast to believing that you cannot achieve something because...).

To accept a belief, to install it in your mind, you have to find things that would support it (advanced people do not need even that). The film provides such things incarnated in the law of attraction and the universe whose power you can use consciously to achieve your goals.

In fact, it is not about supernatural laws and how our world actually works, these are all details and if they do not support your belief system, then ignore these details. Remember, you can believe whatever you want. Thus, believe in things that support you! If you do not like esoteric theories you may limit the explanation to psychology (see previous section), and believe that you are actually the one who is going for your own goals (and not the universe). But you have to set the goals to go for.

Setting Goals

Goal setting is also a commonly accepted method in business and private life management suggested by lots of inspirational and strategic teachers.

The process of goal setting makes unconscious goals conscious. It makes you contemplate on what your true desire is. It is suggested to write your goals and also new beliefs down. Psychologists believe that goals affect our unconscious mind. To affect the subconscious mind in a desired way there are rules how to formulate your goals and beliefs. The subconscious mind does not understand negation and time constraints. Consequentially, all goals and beliefs must be formulated in positive way and in present time. Note that in The Secret they suggest to focus only on positive things in life and to visualize having achieved your goal already.

I. Formulate goals and beliefs positively, no negations ( I am financially successful instead of I do not want to be in dept anymore ),
II. Formulate goals and beliefs in present time
III. Be concrete (e. g. write down a specific amount of money instead of writing something like I have more money ).
IV. Formulate only end results. Be spontaneous, do not contemplate if the desired result is realistic and can be achieved by you (the answer is always yes).
V. Be creative, not competitive, do not include comparisons in your beliefs and goals (do not write something like I have more money than Mr. X or I am the most intelligent in my office )

Good luck!
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Doubt the law of attraction? This may help!

Post by SmileAwhile on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Great info and suggestions, real!
Everyone who is reluctant to write down their goals could benefit from this excerpt:

real wrote:The process of goal setting makes unconscious goals conscious. It makes you contemplate on what your true desire is. It is suggested to write your goals and also new beliefs down. Psychologists believe that goals affect our unconscious mind. To affect the subconscious mind in a desired way there are rules how to formulate your goals and beliefs. The subconscious mind does not understand negation and time constraints. Consequentially, all goals and beliefs must be formulated in positive way and in present time.
SmileAwhile
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by decoy_fighter on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:48 pm

nice article... thanks! :D
decoy_fighter

Post by bigbillionbill on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:30 am

Wonderful post!!! Just know the Law of attraction always works but just know it is more about
what you are feeling than what you are saying.. If you tell the world I am successful and deep down you don't believe it the Law of attraction reacts to your deep down feeling not the words you speak. The Law of attraction will just bring you more things into your life to support your deep down feeling of not being successful completely ignoring the words you speak. Remember make sure what you feel about the subject matches what you want. The Law of attraction will always do its job we have to make sure we are doing ours..

Many blessings to all of you..
bigbillionbill

Post by mwanata on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:28 am

This is really nice post, I have been using LOA for years now, sometimes I achieve but sometimes I don't, but I believe LOA works, the only reason that I failed is my own believe system, I still having hard time to believe when I don't feel it.

I have my journal on using LOA, if you are interested to share your comments! http://mypowerwealth.blogspot.com
mwanata

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories