Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Does perfection hinder growth?

Here you can advertise your product or service

Does perfection hinder growth?

Post by artisingh on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 am

Only a peaceful, open to learning, mind can lead to an individual's growth. To stay on the path of progress and not be driven by the ideal of perfection, an inquiry into the self is vital. Self inquiry is one of the most important tools in determining the best way forward in life. I recently read an article on how perfectionism effects an individual's growth and thought that you would be interested in reading it. You can read the article at http://www.oneworldacademy.com/mainpage/gallery/publications/does-perfection-hinder-growth.php
artisingh

Re: Does perfection hinder growth?

Post by selma on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:26 am

perfection definately hinders growth, because you usually get stuck in the planning phase... until its perfect... which it never is :)
selma

Re: Does perfection hinder growth?

Post by Goldy2 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:10 pm

I have had great problems with perfectionism, then I stumbled across some enlightening book about how detrimental it is...however even when I realised it was all wrong I still faced big troubles getting rid of it...still having some issues after years of strugle...but I am doing so much better, after purposely going after mistakes and half-finished products and pretty mediocre performances rather than perfect deeds and perfect timings....it amazes me just how much creatures of habit we are... :wub:
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Facebook comments

Return to Advertise Yourself