Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Does happines Come Before Or After Success?

Here you can advertise your product or service

Does happines Come Before Or After Success?

Post by edmondmbk on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:21 pm

If you ask a lot of people about their views on success and happiness, they will tell you that they will be very happy in life when they become successful. Some have arqued that success is the only way you can bring happiness to your life. And some have also said that you if you are not successful, you can buy the things that you desire in life, which means that the possibiltiy of being happy is none(based on their own views). However, their own definitely of success is by having all the money in the world to buy everything that you need. However, the true definition of success from my own point of view, is being self-fulfilled in life, which doesn't have to do with acquiring all the materialistic things in the world. So my question is, do you think that you can acquire happiness before having all the money in the world, or after having on the money the world? I already know my own answer to the question, i just want to get different perspectives to this question. :)

Edmond
www.roadtoselfhelp.com
edmondmbk

Re: Does happines Come Before Or After Success?

Post by Goldy2 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:47 am

If we could know the true meaning and purpose of this misterious Life of ours, we could give an accurate answer...
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Post by SGSystems on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:02 am

Goldy2 wrote:If we could know the true meaning and purpose of this misterious Life of ours, we could give an accurate answer...

One thing that I have learned that has really helped me is learning about the Beliefs and Values in my life. Tony Robbins brought this to my attention in Personal Power II: The Driving Force in Day 9: The Source of Success or Failure. In this lesson the problem that I see in your view is addressed very well for me personally.

The Values you have in your life are what you believe to be important to you. So "Happiness" can be a value that is important for you to feel or experience. The beliefs in your life are basically the rules, or what you feel must happen without a doubt for you to experience the value in question, "Happiness".

In other words, your beliefs about happiness will determine whether you feel that you are either moving towards or away from the actual value. If you believe life is "mysterious"...then chances are finding and experiencing true happiness will be mysteriously coming or going in your life, with you having no control.

For me to be happy, I don't need to be "successful". I set my belief patterns to be easy, simple, defined so I can live my life much more happily compared to in a mysterious, "life is unpredictable" kind of way. You have to define what "success" is as well. If everything has no real or clear definition, then yes - life is mysterious.

If I define success as being happy, then I can make it easy to succeed even if I can find just one small point of happiness. I don't have to be smiling ear to ear 360 degrees around my head, I just have to know that I am happy for something small, for example having my daughter draw me pictures and writing me notes about how she loves me (she's 5, children are amazing). To me, that brings me happiness and to have the affection of a young child...that is success to me and I can experience that every day of life, as long as I choose to define it that way.

And then because I am able to feel true states of happiness, it makes taking massive action and my reason, my "why", so much more clear. It's a trickle down effect, like melting snow turning into streams which then lead into rivers.
SGSystems

Post by Goldy2 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:56 pm

What if the purpose or one of the purposes of life is to find it's meaning? It appears, in that case, beleiving that life is not misterious would not serve me well, wouldn't it? :roll:
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Post by Amy Twain on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:19 am

edmondmbk wrote:If you ask a lot of people about their views on success and happiness, they will tell you that they will be very happy in life when they become successful. Some have arqued that success is the only way you can bring happiness to your life. And some have also said that you if you are not successful, you can buy the things that you desire in life, which means that the possibiltiy of being happy is none(based on their own views). However, their own definitely of success is by having all the money in the world to buy everything that you need. However, the true definition of success from my own point of view, is being self-fulfilled in life, which doesn't have to do with acquiring all the materialistic things in the world. So my question is, do you think that you can acquire happiness before having all the money in the world, or after having on the money the world? I already know my own answer to the question, i just want to get different perspectives to this question. :)

Edmond
www.roadtoselfhelp.com

In my opinion, happiness comes anytime--before, during or after success.

You can be happy before success when you're still on the planning stage of your dreams, it inspire you. During success, you feel happy because you're now harvesting the rewards--the fruits of your labor. After success, you can still be happy relishing and reliving your success when you know that your dreams are attainable.
Discover the secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
Amy Twain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Advertise Yourself