Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Deep Challenges

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Deep Challenges

Post by theunforgiven on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:29 am

shadowstrike wrote:Hi theunforgiven,

not much I can say, as Serpient4 has done a great job and has listed alot of good advice. The exercise thing,specifically cardio has been instrumental for me and helped me roar out the negative toxic energy of daily life.
A friend of mine has a similar story to yours, he lost everything due to divorce, including his house and was in his 50's, his job as a computer programmer was made redundant. so he decided to do something completely different. He left to china to teach english and has never looked back. infact it's much better for him now, he dates women half his age and the lifestyle is easy and cheap.

I'm sure you will find your paradise like my friend did, the opportunity will show up that will allow you to care for your dad too and still enjoy life's pleasures.

Thank you for your thoughts Shadowstrike, I will look at the cardio aspect of things. As far as taking off, my father's not going anywhere & I'm his only assistance. Besides, if I left the home I love, it would to be near my child.

Thanks again.
theunforgiven

Post by kronker on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 am

Start releasing. Either download the product to try it out and/or buy the book "The Sedona Method". Cost about 17 dollars.

Try out the program I recommend. You'll start to see some amazing things. If you want any help just private message me or post in the thread I created. I'm even open to helping you through Skype calls.

http://selfmadevip.com/sedona-method-release-technique-changed-my-life-t14977.html
kronker
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by theunforgiven on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:40 am

kronker wrote:Start releasing. Either download the product to try it out and/or buy the book "The Sedona Method". Cost about 17 dollars.

Try out the program I recommend. You'll start to see some amazing things. If you want any help just private message me or post in the thread I created. I'm even open to helping you through Skype calls.

http://selfmadevip.com/sedona-method-release-technique-changed-my-life-t14977.html

Thank you for your suggestion, I will look into this.
theunforgiven

Post by theunforgiven on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:48 am

Dear Ean,

Sorry it took a while to get back to this, (I’ve been working 2 jobs lately.)
I wanted to get back to you because you put so much into your reply to my thread.
Thanks again.

I’ve thought a bit about your advice on “doing things differently” and “viewing things differently”, and we all know hindsight is 20/20. Yes I would do many things another way and I’ve learned much from 10 years of hardship. I’ve had to change my view and approach many times just to survive, so making a decision to try things in new ways was never a question to me. What is a question, is a strategy that will provide a path out of a tough situation, a light at the end of a dark tunnel.
Fact is my situation is a little worse than I’ve revealed in this thread, nor do I want to use this forum as a platform for that.

From my own understanding, money is the main thing that will help turn my situation around so I will present the career/success aspect of my life. Your other advice was interesting, so I am eager to know what your thoughts are on this.

- Stuck in a job I hate, working for people I don’t like or trust, selling products I don’t care about. The only rewarding aspect are the good customers I’ve connected with, without them I would not have made it. (plus I need that company car)

- Lack of money - I feel ashamed at times that I have not put myself in a better financial place so that I can be a part of my childs life. I’m commission salesman in building materials, the recession has been tough.

- Career change? - (this is a big one) I’m over 50, burned out on sales, don’t have many transferrable skills, and have not found a solid direction towards a new field. Since my life went in some tough directions I’ve done some self help reading, much of it says to be truly happy in life your career should be your core passion. My love is music, not a solid choice for a new direction for a guy going through a divorce induced midlife crisis. You are right, I already have been making changes changes in my mind, but I have a lot of anxiety that I haven’t found a new career path to start walking.

- Music - I’m too old to slug it out in the clubs all night and be sharp enough to perform at my day job at 8am. Being a lead guitar player, and that not being part of the musical climate right now, I’ve had to change my game there and have become more of a songwriter. In a tough situation now, my recording unit brokedown and I have no funds to replace the equipment. Although it’s just a hobby I try to sell songs, I’m at a standstill right now.
(*I think the advice you gave on different strategies might be good apllied to how I try to promote my music, but again not a part of my life I can spend a lot of time , money, or effort on right now)

I’ve left my child, ex-wife & father issues out of this to concentrate on the business aspect of this. I do have to say that the rest of my life and what I’ve been through has effected how I think and do things and it’s not always easy to change that.
theunforgiven

Post by serpient4 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 am

Hello! It took me some time to get back to you.
I will try my best to give you some ideas and advice that I think might put you in the right direction.

Again some things I might say may sound rude to you or your ego might be offended - please be careful and stay aware of your thought process while reading.

First off I can also strongly recommend the Sedona Method.
i have found a forum post where it is described pretty well:

http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php/1133-Sedona-Method-How-to-quickly-release-negative-emotions

###
From my own understanding, money is the main thing that will help turn my situation around so I will present the career/success aspect of my life. Your other advice was interesting, so I am eager to know what your thoughts are on this.
###

I think money is rather the reflection of your overall state.
When you change your internal state and focus on the positive and good even though your situation might be tough or you suffer from it - then you get on a path that will slowly lead you out of it. I firmly belief that we ourselves are responsible for and hold the key to changing our circumstances. You might find that this at first may be scary, but ultimately is a very empowering perspective. I don't mean that one deliberately causes "bad" things in his life but rather through automatic responses and old unresolved programming and conditioning one accidentally keeps getting results they might not like.

###
- Stuck in a job I hate, working for people I don’t like or trust, selling products I don’t care about. The only rewarding aspect are the good customers I’ve connected with, without them I would not have made it. (plus I need that company car)
###

Do you really NEED that company car? Or would any car do. I think you are limiting your options (here you might object and say that you do not have money to for example lease a car.
Can you say for 100% that the current company car is your only option to mobility at the moment and in the near future?

I am not intending to suggest anything apart from overthinking how you structure your beliefs and project them into the future. By what we deem possible and firmly believe we really DO shape our future.

Also you might feel that you are dependent on your current job and the car it offers - this is something where you could also try using the sedona method because it might be holding you back. (Again can you for 100% be sure that there are no other options that you might not even be aware of right now?)

I would say rather focus on having those things: regularily spending lots of time with your boy or girl, mobility, financial independence, peace of mind, because you can pay all your bills with ease, satisfaction with your job and success with your music).

These are your goals, aren't they?

If you keep rethinking about how you are dependent on that company car (I know you might have had the feeling that its a fact) and if you keep reiterating these thoughts, feeling and emotions - you might accidentally hold onto this situation. Not because you consciously WANT to - but because it is the only input you are giving your subconscious mind to work with.

####
- Lack of money - I feel ashamed at times that I have not put myself in a better financial place so that I can be a part of my childs life. I’m commission salesman in building materials, the recession has been tough.
####

I deeply feel for you. I think you should also release all the shame and negativity you are feeling about this issue. Sooner or later mine, yours and everybody else's time is running out.

I also tend to forget - but we really have to use our time wisely and make the best of it (I cannot remind myself of that often enough). If this raises fear of death you might also work on gradually releasing that. It is really paying off for me. Behind all the fear there is peace.

Also that you write about the recession suggests that you are likely trying to "blame outer circumstances". Now you might say: Yeah sure, what do you know? I make less money and recession is obviously taking place so whats your point? And what the heck do you know about the kind of business I am in?

You are right. However I am more concerned with how you view the situation than how the situation "actually is" or at least seems to you. I can assure you that it is way more empowering to take responsibility for everything. Because when you are responsible you can make enough money even WHILE recession is taking place. When you believe and feel the right thing - you DO the right thing.

What I am trying to say is that if you think it is hard to make money right now and there are no options then you might create exactly that kind of situation for yourself.
So I suggest to be very careful about who and what you "blame" or deem responsible.

####
- Lack of money - I feel ashamed at times that I have not put myself in a better financial place so that I can be a part of my childs life.
###

Furthermore I suggest that every time you feel shameful and got a few minutes to work on it: let that feeling go and imagine how it feels being a part of your childs life (if this is hard right now just practice imagining it). This would be constructive and tell your subconscious what you want.

Here is why I said you might consider trying something new (and it is not even unpleasant just a little effort in the beginning). If you think things happen quite by chance or that one has to "do the right things" and have a little bit of luck I can accept that.
Still you might consider that what you are constantly thinking about and putting into your mind and body is IMMENSELY affecting how you feel all the time. How you feel totally impacts your communication (I am sure as a salesperson you know that even better and in a more direct way than I do). I hope you can now see or feel the palpable and very real connection between your overall state and the results you are getting. Thus I hope the idea of switching your focus away from a "need" and "avoidance" mindset to a positive goal-aligned one is sounding a bit or a lot more plausible to you.
I think the majority of all achievements we make in our life is based on communication - with ourselves and with others.

Thus "switching our vibration" as LoA people say can be interpreted as simply focusing on your goal with all your senses regularily. Constantly being in a state where the fulfillment of our seems possible - or rather where it feels like our desires are already fulfilled (this is done by letting go of negative feelings connected with the issue and also replacing old beliefs about ourselves and the world while restating what we desire by positive visualization and affirmation).

In fact belief change is a very important thing that you might research as well. By trying new things you are already changing your beliefs and perception of the world.
When your perception and the thoughts you hold most of the time change, then your overall state changes. With your overall state your charisma changes. People react differently. You perceive things differently and notice things you previously didnt notice.

This as a little alternative point of view in case the "law of attraction" and similar philosophies are too much vodoo for you.
serpient4
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...