Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Can you list 5 crucial qualities for success?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Can you list 5 crucial qualities for success?

Post by BillGold on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:18 pm

There are a lot of self-improvement materials in the market
that have churned out countless qualities, secrets and the likes of such, to roaring success.

So I am very curious, if someone else were to pick five, what would it be

Mine is:
1) Goal Setting
2) Decisiveness
3) Firm Beliefs
4) Time Leverage
5) An eye for $

What are your favorites
Please share your own 5 must-haves to success too.
BillGold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by developing_success on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 pm

1)Follow your dream
2)Persistence
3)Healthy mindset
4)Be the best and good you could be
5)Seek opportunities
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by LeftBehind on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:07 pm

1) Preparedness. *
2) Networking. (Learning how to be THAT person.. the one who has the skills/attributes/mastery to develop real relationships with successful people and benefit/see that all parties benefit).
3) Leadership and strategy.
4) Inner Qualities (Discretion, self-discipline, the ability to reframe, a sense of humility [the opposite of narcissism/statusitis.. does not mean lacking a strong positive self-image but rather means someone who does not think that he or she is necessarily ultimately better or more important than all others], etc...).
5) Dynamic flexibility. (The ability to reinvent yourself as you learn.. the ability to see and act upon opportunities others cannot see or will not act upon.. the ability to think outside of the box).

*Caveat: You don't have to be completely prepared before seizing an opportunity no! In fact reaching for opportunities outside of your comfort zone can be a good thing. You just have to put in the time preparing yourself for success. It's a daily discipline of self-improvement one practices each day. That's all I mean when I say Preparedness.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by MKorka on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:43 am

Hi Mr. Administrator,

Here are my suggestions in descending order

1 Perseverance
2 Courage
3 Creativity/Imagination - sparkle in other words
4 Humor
5 Kindness/Charisma

my reasoning is as follows:

If you arent a kind person sooner or later you wont motivate anyone to do anything for you so you will fall (whether at work or in personal relationship)

Humor greatly helps coming out or even dealing with tons of awkward situations. Instead of crying over something/obstacle it is much better to laugh over it.

Creativity - well once you can get support through being kind and are armed with humour, less you you set your mind free to generate an idea, there will be nothing much to succeed at!!

Courage - well obviously...no matter how good the idea is if you dont have the balls to follow through and you chicken out, the idea will just remain what it was - another intention in the bag of good intentions...

Perseverance - as in that proverb "if you dont manage the first time, try, try and try again"
MKorka

Post by andyjones on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:32 am

1) A dream to keep you motivated.
2) A mentor who has what you want and will tell you how to get there.
3) A vehicle to get you to your destination. Investments or businesses.
4) The persistance to keep going toward your goals.
5) The willingness to change. Because if your current thinking hasnt got you what you want. It probably won't.
andyjones

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories