Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Can't feel my emotions. PLEASE HELP

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Can't feel my emotions. PLEASE HELP

Post by selmaa on Sun May 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Your telling us if that someone you loved died you would feel anything??

Well, I think you need some alone time to think about what really matters to you, in the end isnt it the people your with. If anyone can stir your emotions its surely your family. Your mother, father and especially your children (probably no kids yet though), or when you fall in love, when you see the girl you want to be with, hopefully your heart will patter...

good luck and just take it easy.
selmaa

Post by Tyler Durden on Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 am

Hi Billionaire Kid,

My answer may seem very weird, but there is one area in life that isn't damaged and is even benefited from emotional deprivation. That area is spirituality.

I am not telling you that you will never recover your sensibility. Quite the contrary, once you have built a foundation of unconditional happiness, you may uncling yourself from your desperate desire to recover your emotions, which may be its main barrier.

My answer is based in that basic Neuro-Linguistic Programming concept: Have choices. Because if you don't, the clinginess that will arise will be like a wall your our success.

It is one of the reasons why we never remember something when we are desperate to do it because we will have no other options.

Hope i've helped (or at least gave you one more option :D )

Otherwise you may try to look for professional help.
Tyler Durden

Post by raviclulla on Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 am

Can you let us know some more details
a) How do you know that you cant feel emotions?
b) During an average day
i) Are you eating, sleeping and doing other stuff okay
ii) Do you have friends to talk to
iii) What are the things you like?
raviclulla

Post by BobbyDiiiick on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Bro,

i don't know, maybe i'm too late, but it could be a help for someone else.
I had the same problems, but theres something really easy you can do .
It will not only get you in touch with your emotions, but will also help you to feel
better in your own skin.

It's a meditation. Close your eyes and try to find your Inner Body. Feel the energy in your armsm legs, chest etc. Is there anything alive in your body ?

For more information please read Eckhart Tolle - The Power of Now . The Inner Body part.

Alles liebe Bobby ;-)
BobbyDiiiick

Post by viktorados on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 pm

I had such state in the past. At one moment in my life I had a strong focus on performance and downgraded emotions, later on I have noticed that my motivation disappeared gradually as well.

Then I fell in love with a very emotional girl... And have decided to take a few months off from active work (only on passive income, no new projects). And took a psychology training which included a session where you go back in time to your childhood and "connect" with the kid in yourself;)

Now I have both: emotional state and non-emotional state both of which I can switch if needed.

Find emotional people and model them, connect with their state, switch your analytical thinking for a few moments and listen to the emotions inside you, connect with your childhood, with your childish memories and stories, wishes and dreams...

and maybe very soon you will enjoy your true inner emotions and will find joy in every new day of your life :D
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...