Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Can't feel my emotions. PLEASE HELP

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Can't feel my emotions. PLEASE HELP

Post by Jomba on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:10 pm

@JMT: Yarr get yerr jimmy googling! (translation: google asperger syndrome) You obviously missed the point I'm tried to make here. NLP is mostly used to overcome emotional barriers and since the topic creator claims not to have any, it's rather pointless to start aknowledging barriers that don't exist.

And I do feel positive when compared to an old cursed pirate.
Jomba

Post by billionairekid18 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 pm

I don't have any syndromes, lol. And I would rather feel emotions. They are what makes a life worth living when combined with experiences you choose to participate in. I believe I just got too caught up in being intellectual all the time that I turned off my emotions somehow. I also was trying to use the secret when all this happened and thought I needed to eliminate feelings of anger and frustration. In doing this, I also think I just shut down my ability to feel in order to deal with this. I was very frustrated with my job and inability to focus on the next step to take with starting a business.

I know that I can feel. It's just the emotions are so faint, the feelings are so decreased in intensity that it's like I can't feel anything. I guess I am looking to figure out how to really intensify emotion rather than be able to feel again.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by JMT on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:17 pm

billionairekid18 wrote:I don't have any syndromes, lol. And I would rather feel emotions. They are what makes a life worth living when combined with experiences you choose to participate in. I believe I just got too caught up in being intellectual all the time that I turned off my emotions somehow. I also was trying to use the secret when all this happened and thought I needed to eliminate feelings of anger and frustration. In doing this, I also think I just shut down my ability to feel in order to deal with this. I was very frustrated with my job and inability to focus on the next step to take with starting a business.

I know that I can feel. It's just the emotions are so faint, the feelings are so decreased in intensity that it's like I can't feel anything. I guess I am looking to figure out how to really intensify emotion rather than be able to feel again.

ok that´s actually pretty good now you just have to intensify the feelings you want to have and decrease the emotions you don´t want.

Just focus on what you want ;)

here are some methods how to do that quoted from developing_success ;)

developing_success wrote:You think too much my friend :) Personally i think i would like to be more in your situation :unsure:
A few ideas that could help you (in order they came in my mind):
1. Get in contact with a lovable pet
2. Watch some movies that transmit a wide variety of strong emotions, i'd recommend a lot of "hard core" comedy to "mental stretch"
3. I don't know about your age but a girlfriend would help a lot 8-)
4. Try to touch different object to feel their texture, weight, warmness/coldness, durability, softness, and so on
5. Take a trip to places that are different to where you live
6. Look yourself in the mirror and study yourself
7. Meditate, clear your mind, try some yoga techniques
8. Express gratitude and spiritual love to yourself :heart:

I hope this will help you :happy:
JMT
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by blue82785 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 pm

I have a theory. I read somewhere that when babies fall, they're unsure whether to laugh or cry so they look around to gauge other people's reactions. If people are smiling, they'll laugh, and if they look worried they cry. Maybe when you "Jedi Wiped" your mind, you pulled apart a lot of the bad habits of thought that you had been living with. These habits, while harmful, supported the way you thought of the world, and how you viewed your purpose in it. Like when you're a baby, you're "subconscious" is unsure of what emotion to feed you.

You're mind is like a big jar of Grade A stem cells, eager to specialize. I'm gonna back JMT who quoted developing_success, his ideas are Brilliant. DEFINITELY try out some mirror affirmations. Stare into your right eye while you're a few inches from the mirror and tell yourself that you already possess the traits of the kind of person that you want to be. Emotional may be a little vague, but how about..

"I experience <insert emotion> all the time"

"I treat others with warmth and support regardless of who they are"

"People like to talk to me"

"It's ok"

You know what you want, so think of creative things you can tell yourself. You only need to spend 10 minutes a day. Get ready for awesome change, this stuff is powerful.

Also consider, emotions are really just our minds way of motivating us. Maybe on some level you're not prepared for a big change. So try this affirmation.

"My life is an adventure, and I love it"

Build the character in the mirror and everything else will follow. You're already on your way towards life altering experiences, you just can't see it from where you're standing. Have fun with this.

-Josh S
blue82785

Post by Demiurge on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Billionarirekid18

I utterly understand what u have written ^_^
I have the same issue

I simply remain positive and think in the best detached way I can afford ^o^

I know this is not a solution but I am what I am, noone has ever tought me anything and I naturally developed this unemotional state of beeing... so

First : decide WHO U ARE... are u naturally yourself or a product of this sick society?
How do you see yourself?

This is actually ALL I can say about it... I think that the first, important thingh is not to feel frustated or anything else...

I know that all my limitations are self imposed... I choose not to feel bad... but Im looking for a way to get out of this permanent stillness ^ ^

For what I ve seen so far... emotions are basic responses to things which occurs in someone's life... we are able to process everything by thought... the others NOT everything I guess... "they have feelings"

Anyway, as u already know, we have natual built-in feelings also... as a matter of fact... we feel bad

So Im searching and doing new thinghs... and I know it works by expierience... the problem is that, while u can feel and live the experience (bad or good), we remain quite dried afterwards (or in everyday life)

I know the answer : defeat the boredom! (but first... ^-^ defeat the mental exertion which prevents u to take every action... cause we know what we ll get... we got to be willing to try indeed)

^o^
let me know if u find something good... Im listening to motivational or educative audio-video programs too... but nothing is so good...

Anyway I warmly suggest u to try "manual for the brain" by anthony robbins if u want to stop to feel bad (I mean... it all starts within u but those are cool techniques anyway, and they can help u to vary your days... just try them every now and then)
Demiurge

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...