Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Simply superb!!! The best of its kind. Thanks a million to the creator of this site. & Hello! to all other members... congrats for becoming a member of this great community. Wish you all the best."
irfan, 09 Aug 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Believe in supernatural?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Post by LeftBehind on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:51 am

Hi HaKa,

I'm no scientist but will try to answer your question as simply and best I can since I took the course.

Progressive creation is one of several competing root explanatory models for the universe. It postulates that science and the canon (e.g. scripture) are in harmony with each other. Unlike other competing creation models like young earth creationism (the one that sounds like you have had exposure to unfortunately as that is really mostly pseudo-science) and Gap Theory, progressive creationism accepts the scientific evidence of the age of the earth, the age of the universe, and science/the results of science in general.

It differs with non-creation models such as naturalistic evolution (e.g. secular humanism/neo-darwinism) and creation models such as theistic evolution (e.g. Roman Catholic Church) in the interpretation of scientific results.

Now all of these competing models and many other competing models form worldviews or how one looks at the world. Since these are at the heart of the modern culture wars; I thought I would look into them. And it has been a fascinating study.

Reasons was started by several Cal-Tech post-graduate professors and researchers with Phds from various universities headed by Dr. Hugh Ross. Today it has grown into the foremost progressive creation organization in the world and has member scientists from all over the world in almost every discipline imaginable.

See us VIPs tend to be open minded people. We look at NLP, eastern thought, western thought, etc.. The reason I think we are open minded is because we really want to look at everything and see what works.. find that which we can apply.. and to enhance our creativity so we look at things in different ways. But, regardless of what you believe, be sure to be able to show why you believe it and how it benefits you. Don't be afraid to stand on your own two feet and qualify information. My explanatory powers aren't the greatest in the world.. lol, but I hope this helps. Best wishes.

HaKa wrote:What is progressive creation It is not like creationalism I had a brief look at their website (reasons.org), and it said somehting about 160 Mill years ago. I suppose creationalism doesnt believe in times so long ago !

;)

So what is it about
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by HaKa on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:31 am

Hi LeftBehind!

You are right, I heard some pretty strange things.

And you are right too when saying one should be open to everything. After all, it is pretty difficult to disprove most things, and also doing something for one way for many centuries does not mean they are right. It only means they were done this way for some centuries.. like all the medical follies of medieval times e.g.

Thanks for the insight!

Personally, I have noticed, how for many years science has explained things with less and less involement of God, so I suppose this is the way it will be. Maybe at some point they will find him right at the beginning or not at all.. after all, if there was a God, it meant that all the Buddhists, Hinduist, Tribalist etc would be wrong, and that would be some billion people as well ! So I wonder whether Christianity has any monopoly on supernatural beings. :)

Best wishes!
HaKa
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: believe in supernatural?

Post by asia on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Jane Roberts books "Seth speaks", " The nature of personal reality " can offer a great insight. It will enrich everybody's spiritual live.
asia
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: believe in supernatural?

Post by HaKa on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:09 pm

So far I havent managed to get out of my body.. but I am stuck at wave 4 or 5 from the time being..

Next in line is Reiki. :)
HaKa
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Believe in supernatural?

Post by Skill on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:52 pm

I think you guys concentrate on the physical aspect (brain) too much as opposed to the human mind. Human mind is so much more powerful than the brain and don't you dare tell me those two things are the same ;)
Skill

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories