Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Becoming a con man

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Becoming a con man

Post by Ununtrium113 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Hey guys.

I've been into self help and this stuff a few years ago but somehow I've lost interest and got on with my life...until now. A few days back I watched the TV series White Collar, with a con man as a main charakter and he is everything I want to be.
He is charming, cultivated, good looking, he has his special way with women and he gets people to do what he wants them to do. How do I become like him?
It's not like I want to trick people into giving me their money or something like that, because I have a job who pays pretty well, but I want to be a bit more like him personality wise.

Thank you a lot in advance.
Ununtrium113

Re: Becoming a con man

Post by viktorados on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:18 pm

From what you have described, he might have some upgrades in social skills, negotiation, hypnosis, nlp, sports. I have met such people in real life too, mostly among my friends who are fond of self-improvement :D
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Becoming a con man

Post by Ununtrium113 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Hello again and thanks for your reply.

Are there any books you can recommend me on how to get better social skills.
I want to be able to meet new people and immediately make them like me. I want to be the "go-to" person when my friedns are going out and partying. I don't want to hope for a party to happen, but I want to be forced to decline offers, because I'm getting invited to so many. I want to be more comfortable around people, especially people whom I don't know or don't know that well. I want to be able to be confident in any situation, be it buisness or a social event, be it with drunk friends or stuck up elderly people. I want people to come to me, because right now it seems like I have to put in all the work and I'm never getting approched.
Ununtrium113

Facebook comments

Return to General