Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Are these pickup artists "feminizing" us men??

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Are these pickup artists "feminizing" us men??

Post by ens_audio on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm

After listening to many of the "Seduction" seminars on and off over the years and reading magazines like GQ, e.t.c,
it seems to me that all this advice they are giving thus is turning us fellows into Metrosexuals.

IMO Ross Jeffries seems to be the only one in regards to attitude that "gets it" and besides RJ has been one of the first to be doing these type of these "seduction" seminars. Im sorry, I've listened to seminars also by David De Angelo and some of his ideas on the subject of "manliness" is really really GAY.. IMO.

Call me a misogynist, flame me, insult me, call me an "attention whore" I am just trying to encourage constructive debate/argument and just doing you a favor by challenging your beliefs on these types of issues. It is IMO an important thing that one must do, especially in regarding these type of matters.

I've found to just K.I.S.S when it comes to seduction/pick-up....

It's always worked for me but then again the women with that "animal magnetism" in which are "easy" seem to be the ones I most enjoy :D
ens_audio

Re: Are these pickup artists "feminizing" us men??

Post by maxdog on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:16 pm

I think too that some Pickup advice goes over the top in terms of complexity, but I think everyone should try this things out for himself.

I think many Pickup Materials encourage you to stand up for yourself and be the man, but I agree with you that that the advice is sometimes to complex and you should just " K.I.S.S" and not think about it for 8 straight hours like a women would do.
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by ens_audio on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:14 am

maxdog wrote:I think too that some Pickup advice goes over the top in terms of complexity, but I think everyone should try this things out for himself.

I think many Pickup Materials encourage you to stand up for yourself and be the man, but I agree with you that that the advice is sometimes to complex and you should just " K.I.S.S" and not think about it for 8 straight hours like a women would do.

AMEN!!!!!BROTHER!!! :D

I admit that i'm not a pro but the best thing is to keep it simple and to combine insults with random compliments :D that way she thinks you're sincere and fells secure enough for you to go in for the kill and embrace everything thats great about being a male pig :D
ens_audio

Post by RedDragon on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:21 pm

I don't think they are 'feminizing' us but they are clearly making us dependent on them and exploiting natural feelings of being unsure. Reason why I say this is because more products continually get sent out by the big companies like Mystery, RSD etc and apparently they add no new content, just have a higher price tag and more filler or routines.

I stopped finding any of this interesting a while back when I noticed that using anything I had learned was now being detrimental and that my mindset or inner game was attracting people without me trying...and actually using any kind of technique acted as an instant turn off. If I were to recommend anything it would be Cory Skyy and the Venusian Arts handbook....and this would be with reservations...probably Juggler too. I like quite a bit of Hypnotica but never found NLP as effective as my own mind movies, affirmations or simply acting positive.

Love Systems seems the worst company...they have bootcamps, DVDs, Ebooks and then audio programs explainig the exact same stuff as the ebooks.

I think PU community ultimately will keep you locked in a vicious cycle where you continually doubt yourself and your ability as yourself to attract women (and people in general), you can see this being exploited if you Watch Eben Pagan's 'Get Altitude' where he talks about his mindset through marketing Double your Dating. When you see a product talking about something like Opening in a Social Circle then you will automatically ask yourself 'Do I know how to open in a social circle?' and often the marketing info has some claim like 'Would you like to know how to attract any girl you ever want, in your social circle?' to which the real answer is 'Sure...but these guys teaching it can't do that'

There kinda is a link to being Metrosexual in their stuff but whether the individual applies it and becomes Metrosexual or simply takes on the mindset that they want to be the best in things they have control over is kinda up to yourself. I think taking care of yourself and your appearance generally is a must, it shows you have respect for yourself.

Having said all that, for some people I have met in the past inner game stuff probably wouldn't be enough and they DO need the kind of help they offer.
RedDragon
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by path2mastery on Fri May 29, 2009 5:06 pm

ens_audio wrote:
IMO Ross Jeffries seems to be the only one in regards to attitude that "gets it" and besides RJ has been one of the first to be doing these type of these "seduction" seminars. Im sorry, I've listened to seminars also by David De Angelo and some of his ideas on the subject of "manliness" is really really GAY.. IMO.

:D

Ross Jefferies is the one that encourages the gay openners and he always uses them, he mentions that he'll pretend to be gay throughout a good while, whatever works eh....
If you want pure manliness check out David X being relentless on youtube
path2mastery
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General