Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

April Challenge

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Re: April Challenge

Post by billionairekid18 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Alright I have another update. I have found a home that I think is worth investing in. I'm still going to be sorting through a few more. A majority of the homes I was looking at turned out to be homes I don't want to invest in. That's fine with me. I'll look at 100 homes if I have to because I'll find one that's worth buying.

I also stumbled upon another site entirely devoted to networking around real estate. I'm going to be looking for an investor on the site. Right now, my investor isn't going to pull through. I don't have the spare change to qualify for a mortgage right now and he is only willing to invest $10,000. He's still an option I'm saving for a back up situation. I would rather be involved with an investor who spots the price of the home (this particular one isn't very much) so that I don't have to deal with getting a mortgage. After my first flip, maybe the second, I will have enough capital to go at it alone and start to build slowly.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by billionairekid18 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I've updated so I thought I'd come give a shout out. I have some disappointing news about my goal for the month of April; I'm not going to be able to flip a house. I knew it was a bad market when I decided upon this goal. I did not realize how bad it was and how much time needs to be put into flipping a home. I was using a service to locate foreclosed homes that was really nice minus one part. Getting in touch with the lenders or people to actually buy these properties has been an entirely different ball game.

The hard part with these properties is that the bank isn't trying to sell them yet. I thought that was going to be an advantage. I did not realize how unwilling to work with me they are. It's almost impossible to view the house and getting information on how many beds and baths the property has is almost impossible. Thus, I've not given up. I'm going to change my approach.

Check out my blog if you're interested in where I'm going. I'm looking into a more sustainable option to make money. Right now, while I'm working on discovery the idea that is going to catapult me to success (allowing me to become a billionaire). While I’m doing that, I want to build something to make me money. My main goal is to be able to put in the most efficient work possible to make the most money while still having a lot of free time. While this sounds counterproductive, I'm going to figure out how to be successful because I don’t want to be in a 9-5 anymore. I want to move down the path towards my dream life. Working for me is the next step on that path. I need to put the future in my hands literally by getting smart about making money now while building wealth. More in my blog.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by billionairekid18 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:05 pm

It's been a while since I've updated what's going on in my life. I figured I want to keep this thread alive in the hopes other people will come in and help me out. One of my biggest challenges is taking consistent action. That's mainly why I'm here.

Anyway, I have a few new goals for the month of April. The first goal is to study hypnosis because right now I'm working on an exercise to help me mold my beliefs. I have some negative beliefs about money that I want to get rid of and I want to input some very strong beliefs about it. I started writing the exercise and found myself at a sticking point because I'm not educated enough in hypnosis to continue. The exercise will apply a lot from NLP, hypnosis, and other areas where I see fit.

I know a little about Tony Robbins' date with destiny program and am trying to replicate its success without going. Well, I am scheduled to participate in the program this December but I want to be doing more with my life by then. I must have stronger beliefs to do so. The next goal is to study and be practicing trading with Forex. Now this one might take a little longer but I'm shooting to begin fake trading by the end of the month. The reason is because I want to get started trading so I can take a leave from work and start making money.

I posted before about how I believe Forex is my best opportunity to start making some money now. I also believe it can be a replacement for my current job in due time. My third goal is to meditate every day no matter what. This is for two reasons. I have a challenge in dealing with self discipline. I'm weak. I'm that way because that's how I've conditioned myself to be. It's time I became strong and in control of my actions. Meditating every day is also very healthy and beneficial to my sanity.

My fourth goal for this month and possibly my last is to find information on how to become better organized. I don’t' know if I need a system or to just hunker down. Either way, I'm very unorganized and cannot be that way any longer. With so many things going on in my life and the amount of action I'm taking, I have to be organized. I must keep track of what I'm doing and where I'm going so that I can measure what, if anything, I need to change to become successful.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by billionairekid18 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Last night I watched the first DVD in my 4 DVD hypnosis program. It was very eye opening and a lot of fun to do. I'm looking forward to part 2 tonight. I was also able to meditate. That was very relaxing as I focused on deep breathing for most of the meditation.

I did not do any work with forex. Instead I decided to start cleaning out my room. I used to be a pack rat and I have quite a few things stored in my room I don't need. Cleaning out my room and throwing away a bunch of stuff is a metaphor for the mental house cleaning I am also doing.

I've got fresh start I'm looking to take full advantage of. Action is going to be my bible from now on since I do everything else well. I've got this vision program that I might start next month. I've wanted to do it but didn't have the self discipline that I now have. :D
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by sky on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Wonderful of you to log your success related activities here. I too have some similar goals as you such as Meditation. I am also trying to work on my discipline right now.
Please continue with this progress report. Its important for quite a few of us. :heart:
Get Coached for FREE! More details here...

The list of my favorite books can be viewed here...
sky
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to General