Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Alcohol - What's your stand?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Alcohol - What's your stand?

Post by Goblin84 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Alcohol - What's your stand

Alcohol - even though it is a very significant part of today's society, maybe we could get a thread going on each person's standpoint on the issue when it comes to weighing pros and cons. To this point in time I've been consuming alcohol once or twice per month and I'd have to say that I enjoy the time out. But my liver doesn't share the same perspective.

Those who are familiar with MBTI and the science of Carl Jung are aware of the concept that alcohol (and stress) brings out the least dominant, 4th function of our personality traits. For instance, I'm a very introverted and intuitive person and once I consume alcohol I become extremely talkative and sensory. As a result, the next day I spend most of the time alone to recuperate from the overload of behaving against my dominant functioning.

Then there are the negative sides of alcohol that we're all aware of. Perhaps you could all share some of the experiences you've encountered that happened due to the influence of alcohol. Are there actually any really lasting and powerful positive results that have happened or are there only really powerful negative sides to it, like accidents and damaged relationships
Goblin84
Curious Child
Curious Child

Re: Alcohol - What's your stand?

Post by maxdog on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:43 pm

When I drink alcohol I become introverted and sad :happy: because of that I donA t drink very much. Drinking was fun for me, but it destroys you and itA s not good when you want to be social. It puts me out of state. I had an not so pleasant experience with alcohol at Age 14 I drank a bottle of Coktail in approximately 30 seconds, because I was already drunken and thought at first it was beer and then I woke up in the hospital- A very useful experience that will keep me my whole life away from drinking to much.
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by mapotofuu on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:06 pm

That sounds like a very bad experience but im glad you learned from it. overdrinking always leads to something bad
Do what thy manhood bids thee do, from none but self expect applause; He noblest lives and noblest dies who makes and keeps his self-made laws.
Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)
mapotofuu
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by sandman on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:54 am

Like everything else , moderation is the key. I like a glass of wine with dinner and to me that's fine. I don't like to drink to get drunk, to me it's silly to waste a day to recover.
We are all one
sandman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by mrheredia on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:47 am

Our primary thoughts are those of trying to analyze if it is good or bad but in reality it varies from person to person.
- My wife's grandparent died at the age of 102 singing, hugging, loving and drinking a cup of tequilla with his sons (he drank all of his life).
- I know of someone whose parent died because of a drunk driver.
- Sandman loves a cup of wine with dinner and I bet it makes him happy and it probably is good for his heart (based on medical science).
Endless stories have come across our path of people enjoying drinking and many who don't then my sincere personal opinion is:
If it makes you happy, full of joy, and gives you a desire to enjoy life more and more... by all means do it!
If it makes you feel bad, sick and the opposite of feeling good and joyful... don't!
www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
mrheredia
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General