Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Success it's not the position you stand but the direction in which you look. That's the quote on the poster hanging on my wall here, and I think it fits perfectly with this site, I've already found some very interesting stuff here and I'm gratefull for that!"
searcher1654, 15 Aug 2007 More testimonials can be found here

A Secret NLP Technique?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Re: A Secret NLP Technique?

Post by RedDragon on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:45 pm

From what I can remember from reframing the essential formula is ES=IS which means External Stimulus=Internal State and then you try and disrupt this from being the case so for example if you are trying to reframe getting a bad essay mark as meaning failure then you would look at the external stimulus as getting a bad mark and the internal state as feeling like a failure...and from this you would do things like redefine ES so instead of it being a bad mark it is an indication of what you did right and what you did wrong, instead of feeling like a failure you could say that actually it is simply a feeling of not living up to your potential (i.e. something that shows that you have belief in yourself)

You could say that the two dont link up

You could project into the future and ask what it would feel like if every time you made a mistake you looked at yourself as a failure (you wouldnt take risks, you would discourage yourself from learning)

Look at yourself in the past and ask whether there was ever a time when you felt like a failure mistakenly. Was there ever a time when you made a mistake and this taught you something or it was beneficial in some other way etc.

This is massively condensed but the books on reframing basically list categories of types of reframe and go into massive descriptions of our different forms of signalling etc. All interesting but the basics are the only essential aspects, and once you understand the basic principles the rest is common sense :)

My experience of this is that it is not a permanent one-time thing. It is very effective but like all other things in life if you are being bombared either by yourself or others with negative statements you need to protect yourself constantly. Like lifting weights, you dont do it for a month and then have that part of your life handled...if you want to be healthy you must constantly act in a way to make you healthy just like if you want great mental health you have to be proactive.
RedDragon
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by stewbroth on Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:39 pm

RedDragon wrote:Definitely agree with Sabre..that is where you want to start.

For Reframing, conventional wisdom is that Mindlines is the best book on the subject.

no doubt, do a search on this forum on Mindlines, a whole seminar on a video set is available. Over 6 hours of instruction by Hall himself.

Outstanding instruction by a master.
when in danger, hug a tree and blow your whistle.......
~~~~~~~~~~Barney
stewbroth
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by farang on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:15 am

I'd also recommend Psychology of Achievement by Brian Tracy
When you pray, move your feet.
farang
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by rindrajs on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Michael Hall provides good materials aswell
rindrajs

Post by praw7112000 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Hello all,

I am familiar with the technique. It involves creating a 'positional anchor' for the desired state, a 'positional anchor' for the current state, then doing a physical version of Bandler's Swish--quickly stepping from one position to the other.

RAL
praw7112000

Facebook comments

Previous

Return to General